Saturday

Letter of Reference from Betty Rogers

Here is the text from the letter of reference from Betty Rogers. A physical copy of this letter appears in my portfolio in book form:

February 11, 2004

To Whom it May Concern:

I am delighted to write a letter of reference for Mark Whitlock. He was my manager for over four years as Product Selection Manager and then Acquisitions Editor in the FamilyLife Resource Department.

I was saddened to lose Mark as a co-worker and manager. He and I had worked on many projects together. I researched for him and attended brainstorming meetings on new products. Mark is so creative that if you gave him a topic, he could name 15 products or versions of it and then 30 ways to market it! He always thought of marketing ideas that had never been done before by FamilyLife. All of the products he developed were very successful.

Mark motivated those around him to believe in themselves, new products, and new ways to do things. I learned so much from him and he gave me many opportunities to grow. I developed several new products and improved existing ones. He was passionate about everything he did - very dedicated and articulate. He generated energy and excitement. He is definitely outside-the-box. He made coming to work fun and challenging - each day unique. He often wrote notes of encouragement and praise that were specific, not general. I always felt like I had spent my time with purpose and actually accomplished something every day. I am a more useful employee to FamilyLife as a result of working under his leadership. He also made me feel like a co-laborer instead of a person reporting to an authority. As young people say - there was no fear - just freedom to develop and contribute my thoughts freely.

If you desire a person who is a man of God working with excellence, loyalty, and creativity, then you should hire Mark Whitlock. Everyone in your company will be a better employee and person just from being around him.

In His service,
Betty Rogers

(contact information available upon request)

No comments:

Post a Comment